Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo

What's that, you say? You're going to camp? And what does that crazy writing thing you did last November have to do with it?

Well, I'm not going to an ACTUAL camp, but I'd say this is better! :D

That's right, folks. Camp NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month, if you'll remember. I DID post about that, didn't I?) has started it's second round and I'm participating this month! What did you say? You don't even KNOW what Camp NaNo is!?

Well, let me explain!

NaNoWriMo, if you do not know, takes place in November and the goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in a month. I know, I know, what crazy person partakes on something like that? As a matter of fact, thousands and thousands of people do every year! All across the globe. The atmosphere is great, it sparks creativity you didn't know you had or increases what you knew you did, there will be many laughs along the way, you're sure to make a friend or two, and in the end you have a novel to show for it! Something nobody else in the world has written exactly as you have, created those characters or that world, something totally and uniquely yours!

Well Camp officially started on August first (for this round, last month was the first and kind of like a beta/testing month) and today makes day three. Unlike last November when I did NaNo for the first time, I didn't start out writing like wild fire, typing out thousands of words each day and beginning way ahead of the game. As a matter of fact, I'm not even keeping up with the game!

But I am a looooong way from giving up, even if I never catch up.

I am also excitedly waiting to be placed in my Camp Cabin! Whoever I get placed with are sure to be the most awesome people on the planet- though I'm sure all my non-cabin mates are still just as cool!

For all you fellow Camp Wrimos, good luck to you this month. Never, EVER quit even if you believe you have NO chance of winning! Keep writing! Always remember to write, write, WRITE!

As for you non-Wrimos, try it. If not this month for camp (never to late a time to start!), then in November. Trust me you will absolutely not regret it. :D

NaNoWriMo.org
CampNaNoWriMo.org

Also, feel free to check out Script Frenzy (which takes place in April) and the Young Writer's Program!

Eagerly awaiting my Cabin,
Samantha <3

No comments:

Post a Comment