Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Sea of Hidden Emotions (a poem)

You tell me to to talk because I never do; I talk and you get angry. What the hell do you expect me to do? (Excuse my french.)




The Sea of Hidden Emotions
By

Samantha N.






Holding in emotions
Trapped in a cage like animals
Under lock and key
Hidden deep inside
Nobody can see
How much I’m really hurting.

I hold it all in
Too tough, too proud
To say anything
To stand my ground.


I shut my mouth
Zip it tight
Afraid to speak, to show, to let you see.


Can you understand?
Will you listen to me?


I want to let you in
But first I need to believe
That in the end
My choice won’t break me.


I’m fragile
Held it in for much too long
Constantly singing
My sorrowful song.


A song of pain
A song of grief
Filled with sadness, hurt, and anxiety.


A storm of emotions
Threatening to spill
Can’t hold it in
I’m sure to erupt
The clock is ticking
A bomb ready to burst


I’m drowning in my own demise
Set myself up
Sure to die


How long can I possibly last
When under the surface I’m ready to blast
Screaming that I want out
But I’m lost in the sea
Of hidden emotions

There’s no way out
I’m stuck.

There’s no way out.

Forever I shall be trapped.

1 comment: